Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Our new baby son, Joel Keith Knudsen






Hey everyone here are a few pics of our new baby, Joel Keith Knudsen, born 6/5/2007, at 8:05am, in Libertyville, IL. He was born at 8 pounds, 1 oz., 21 inches long, and he and Jenny are doing well, but Jenny will need some time to heal.

He is the cliff notes version of what happened on Tuesday morning. Jenny was feeling some contraction starting late Monday night. By the morning they were regular, but from 7-10 minutes apart. Then her water broke at 5:45am, and the contractions started coming fast and furious. We got in the car as soon as we could (about 6:30am thinking we would have plenty of time) spent the most infuriating and longest hour of our lives in traffic trying to get to the hospital, where we arrived around 7:30am. When we got there Jenny was already at 9cm and they were telling her to push. Joel's heartbeat was falling, probably because the cord was pinched, so the doctor used the vacuum extractor and forceps to get him out quickly, and then little Joel was there in front of us at 8:05am!!! What a trip! After they stitched Jenny up, we got to hold our son for the first time; it was awesome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Congrats! I can't wait to see him in person.

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Good work Kirk! We are proud of you Jenny. Welcome to the other side:)We love you three and can't wait to meet Joel. Asher has some advice for him.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I was so excited to hear about Joel! I was actually thinking about you the other day and was going to call you at work this week. I couldn't remember your due date. I loved looking at the pregnant pictures of you, Jenny. I hope you had a good pregnancy. I will try to call you sometime. Take it easy, and give Joel a kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Jenny, now that little Joel is here that leaves me! I can't believe I'm next in line!! :) He looks perfect and he's some handsome! I can't wait to meet him! Take care!!

JoKasta

Anonymous said...

Oh my word... what a beautiful little guy! Definitely looks like a "Joel". :) Congrats to you both, and props to Jenny for being so incredibly brave! Little Joel, can't wait to see you and go for walks with you! God Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I was thrilled to hear about the birth of your baby boy! Now you can finally kiss those little feet that have been kicking you:) I am sure you are enjoying him so much. Looking at your pictures brought it all back and made me want to have another! I guess that mommy amnesia sets in quickly...

The three of you have begun an incredible journey. May God richly bless you!