Friday, June 8, 2007

The wonder of God's gifts




I can't help but praise God at this amazing gift he has given us. I think having a child of my own has started me to understand better what God felt as he sent his son, Christ to be sacrificed. His love is amazing, and seeing this bright little boy in our arms gives a totally new perspective to Psalm 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." We are certainly praising God for Joel and how incredible he is. Make no mistake about it, God has had his hand in this from the beginning, even in helping us get to the hospital in time and protecting Joel and Jenny through the birth. God is good. Jenny and I (Kirk) took an opportunity to pray to thank God, and to dedicate Joel Keith Knudsen to the Lord for whatever purposes the Lord has for him and for us. God is so cool! God really loves to bless his children, and we are so thankful for his blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing little man you have...he is just perfect! I love that fact that you gave your son to the Lord and just let God be in control of his little life. Continue praying for Joel because as he grows, he'll need those prayers! :-) And the unconditional love of his parents. I sure hope to meet your little boy someday soon! Give him a kiss for me. :-)
Love you guys!
Kendra (& her boys)

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man! I can't wait to see him in person!