Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Two Weeks Old!

Joel is an amazing little miracle. Every day he changes so much! We are so blessed. Joel is growing fast-- after slimming down to 7 lbs. 5 oz. (June 8th) he is now at 8 lbs. 9 oz.! He's in the 75th percentile for height (thanks dad!) and the 49th percentile for weight. He is a slow, polite eater (must take after mom) so we spend a great deal of time nursing. These days are so precious!

We're still figuring each other out-- a lifelong process I'm sure. He's a pretty laid-back kid so far. If something's bothering him, he'll grunt for a while to let us know he's upset before he'll cry. It's like he's saying, "AHEM."

As you can see, I (Jen) am feeling well enough to pay a little attention to our blog at least! Healing will be slow, but it is coming. Doc says it'll be 6-8 weeks for me to heal from all my stitches (because of the forceps delivery). I can get around enough to take care of myself and Joel now-- so you may not see me out on the town for a while, but these quiet days at home with Joel are the best kind of medicine. I am so thankful for everything God has given us!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!
It's so nice to see pictures!
Glad things are going well; we would love to come visit when you are feeling up to it!
We will continue to keep you in our prayers!
Lisa Greco :)